VEGAN TOFU SHIITAKE MEATBALLS! Yesterday I wanted steak, today I wanted tofu…all about balance! These meatballs are super flavorful and hold together just like regular meatballs would! They are also super filling and paired well with a sauce like this creamy ginger-tahini one I made using @soomfoods tahini! They take about 25-30 mins to cook, and maybe 15 minutes to make. Served these over arugula, zoodles, red cabbage and roasted pepper slices with some fresh cilantro, black sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Super yummy! Give them a try! Happy Thursday!
Recipe: (about 3-4 servings)
- 1/2 package of extra firm tofu (pressed and drained of liquid)
- 1 cup shiitakes chopped up (I removed stems)
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Handful cilantro
- 1 cup stale bread (I crisped up some @julianbakery coconut paleo bread in the oven)
- 1 tablespoon @salbachia ground chia (could sub flax)
- 2 tablespoons @bragglivefoods Liquid aminos (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons cashew milk (unflavored)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- A couple dashes sriracha
Preheat oven to 400. Put all ingredients in food processor and process until it is mixed well and holds together. Form into balls and bake on greased tinfoil over a baking sheet or parchment paper for 25-30 mins until firm!