Who doesn’t love chocolate?! Today is #Nationalchocolatecupcakeday and I have my 5-INGREDIENT no-added-sugar paleo and nut free chocolate-banana cupcakes topped with a delicious maple-tahini-sweet potato frosting made with @soomfoods tahini.
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Blend all ingredients (if using chocolate chips, add after blending) and fill muffin cups or greased muffin tin 80% full with batter. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes clean.
- 1 medium sweet potato roasted or steamed then skin removed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used @lakantosweetener syrup—low on sugar)
While potato is still warm, place all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and process until smooth!