Please be-LEAF me when I say these were the fluffiest chocolate pancakes! I’ve been trying to come up with a good vegan grain free pancake recipe and I think I nailed it! Topped with banana, leaf shaped persimmons, @paschachocolate chocolate chips, @georgiagrinders cashew butter and @nunaturals chocolate syrup. Plus some hot cocoa on the side 😋 Recipe below and will put on the blog! Happy Sunday loves…off to do laundry, cook and do some errands! It’s still chilly out but not half as bad as yesterday!
- 1/4 cup @organicgemini tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 2-3 tbls @nunaturals cocoa powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbls @bobsredmill ground flax plus 2.5 tbls water)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1 tbls coconut sugar
- Optional-not vegan: 1 scoop collagen peptides (I use @sportsresearch)
Make flax egg by combine flax and water in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Mix together dry ingredients. Add milk and flax egg to mix, add vanilla and whisk together. If too thick add another splash of milk. Spray griddle with oil and cook for 2-3 per side, flip when edges are dry and you see bubbles.