Toasting to Tuesday Mediterranean style with this homemade Plantain Paleo olive focaccia “cheesy” breadsticks! Trying to do more plant based…though this does have egg whites. The cheese I used is @daiyafoods And the dipping sauce is tofu based. Added some artichokes, roasted tomatoes and olives.
- 2/3 one large Plantain (yellow and brown not green) (about 75-80 grams)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (18 grams)
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of ground psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4cup fresh parsley/herbs (I used thyme as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Dried rosemary
- Sliced olives
- Optional: 1 tablespoon olive oil (I have made it with and without…depends on if you want the flavor or not
- Optional: cheese for the top (I used Daiya dairy free cheese
- Olive oil for brushing the top
Preheat oven to 425. Blend first six ingredients in a blender (I used Nutribullet). Spoon out batter into a bowl. Mix in fresh herbs. Spray a piece of parchment paper with oil, then place on cookie sheet. Spread batter out so that it is a square shape and about 3/4 inch in thickness. Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle on fresh rosemary, olives and sea salt. Bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and brown on the top. If you want to add cheese, sprinkle on top and broil for a minute until cheese melts…careful not to burn! Remove, cool and cut up into breadsticks.